There are hundreds of types of gear couplings, but the basic forms are two types:
1. Combination of internal and external teeth;
2. Combination of end gears. Other forms are deformations based on these two types. The gear clutch with internal and external gears transmits a relatively large torque. The design takes into account the different needs of users and is deliberately designed so that the lengths of the shaft ends on both sides of the teeth are not consistent, so that users can choose the installation direction according to their needs. Therefore, there is no stipulation on which end faces where. Pay attention to the installation: If it is replaced on the original equipment, it should be in the same direction as the original one. If it is a newly designed and manufactured equipment, it should be in accordance with the internal and external conditions without interference with other surrounding parts. The more tooth surface, the more reliable the installation principle.
The maintenance of gear coupling is generally carried out according to the following methods:
- Check the tooth surface meshing of the coupling. The contact area is not less than 50% along the tooth height and not less than 70% along the tooth width. There should be no serious pitting, abrasion and cracks on the tooth surface.
- The full circle runout of the outer gear ring of the coupling is not more than 0.03mm, and the end circle runout is not more than 0.02mm.
- If you need to remove the gear ring, you must use special tools, not knocking, so as not to bend or damage the shaft. When reinstalling, heat the ring gear to about 200°C before installing it on the shaft. The interference between the outer gear ring and the shaft is generally 0.01~0.03mm.
- When reinstalling the intermediate tube or other parts, it should be assembled according to the original markings and data.
- Tighten the bolts evenly with a torque wrench.